Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » KEY DOWN and KEYUP events are firing rapidly in RAP within Browser.(KEY DOWN and KEYUP events are firing rapidly in RAP within Browser.)
KEY DOWN and KEYUP events are firing rapidly in RAP within Browser. [message #1839030] Thu, 11 March 2021 15:31 Go to next message
Chandra Kyama is currently offline Chandra KyamaFriend
Hi,

KEY DOWN and KEYUP events are firing rapidly in RAP but when i compared in SWT these are working fine.

Also when I pressed a key in Rap the key response latency time is more, it has to get the response from Server side in RAP.

Due to the latency time of key events, characters are overriding the TEXT boxes.

How we need to control these key events at client side within the browser for RAP.

Does this controls will covered with Custom widgets of Text Widget by using javascripts implentation?

Would you please suggest me to do for better solution to control at browser side i.e client side.

[Updated on: Thu, 11 March 2021 15:35]

Report message to a moderator

Re: KEY DOWN and KEYUP events are firing rapidly in RAP within Browser. [message #1839161 is a reply to message #1839030] Tue, 16 March 2021 08:53 Go to previous message
Sebastian Habenicht is currently offline Sebastian HabenichtFriend
Hi,

I think you should take a look at RWT scripting [1] which allows to handle some events on the client side. Please note the section "Notable Limitations and discouraged Usage" about what is possible and what is not.

[1] https://www.eclipse.org/rap/developers-guide/devguide.php?topic=scripting.html&version=3.15
Previous Topic:DropTarget default operation for drag from Outlook
Next Topic:How to use nebula RichTextCellLabelProvider
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 08:17:55 GMT 2024