Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » CDT not launching previous launch configuration on remote
CDT not launching previous launch configuration on remote [message #1838898] Mon, 08 March 2021 19:09
guro krei is currently offline guro kreiFriend
Hi,

I wonder why Eclipse will not recognize remote debugging configurations for running recently launched debug configurations. When I hit the debug button in the toolbar I expect Eclipse to run the previously run application. But instead I a m always prompted to select a way to debug my application.
The weird thing is that the button's tooltip text does say the correct program, but it prompts me anyways. It will work when local applications were previously launched.

My projects all have a debugging configuration already set up as ".launch" file, which I can run by selecting it in project explorer and hitting the debug button. Then when I edit a file and try to run the project (with the editor focused), I have to select the debug configuration from the dropdown next to the debug button. Otherwise Eclipse will either prompt me to select a way to debug or it will automatically launch the file locally.
I would like Eclipse to run my previously ".launch" file automatically, without me specifically selecting the configuration from the dropdown.
And again, the tooltip states the correct program is going to be launched. This problem also occurs without using .launch files.

This only happens for remote debugging configurations and not for locally run configs. Which makes me think that I missed out on some configuration in Eclipse. I am using Eclipse 2018-08, but the same thing already happens in Eclipse Juno.

I set the Eclipse settings in "Launch/Debug" to launch the selected resource or active editor and if not launchable to launch the previously launched application.

I would appreciate your help.
Best regards.
Previous Topic:Couldn't build in eclipse by "gcc-arm-none-eabi-10-2020-q4-major-win32"
Next Topic:Cannot locate MinGW
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 02:34:12 GMT 2024