Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » [CDO] Where do I download a CDO server zip to deploy?
[CDO] Where do I download a CDO server zip to deploy? [message #1838268] Fri, 19 February 2021 22:28 Go to next message
Warwick Burrows is currently offline Warwick BurrowsFriend
Sorry its been so long since I've done this and I don't remember how do I download the deployable CDO server zip package that I can extract and run on a Linux 64 server? On the downloads page I can only find links for P2 repositories but I don't want to install the server in my eclipse instance on windows and the Linux boxes are headless so no eclipse UI deployed there. I saw a reference to the "eclipse installer" but that only has the Oxygen version of the CDO server and I didn't see a way to select the latest stable 4.13 build there. Is there a zip I can get from somewhere?
Re: [CDO] Where do I download a CDO server zip to deploy? [message #1838297 is a reply to message #1838268] Sun, 21 February 2021 05:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eike Stepper is currently offline Eike StepperFriend
You're right, the CDO Server application in the Eclipse Installer was outdated. Yesterday I've updated both the CDO Server and CDO Explorer applications. From now on they'll always be the latest release.

I've tested that you can create a portable server application if you follow these steps:

1) In the installer's first page (Product) disable the bundle pool, i.e., create a standalone installation (be careful later, it remembers this setting).

2) Select no project on the second page.

3) On the Confirmation page make sure that no unwanted setup tasks from your user.setup are mixed in. If this becomes an issue you can disable these tasks in the user.setup, or make them conditional/prompted.

4) Install and zip the eclipse folder up.

5) After unzipping on the target box you must adjust two absolute paths:
- In eclipse.ini adjust the path to the cdo-server.xml
- In cdo-server.xml adjust the path to the H2 database (or configure a datasource for a different DBMS)

Have fun and please let me know if this works for you...

Cheers
Eike

Re: [CDO] Where do I download a CDO server zip to deploy? [message #1838301 is a reply to message #1838297] Sun, 21 February 2021 17:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fantastic, thanks Eike. I'll let you know.

Can I also download the latest stable CDO server integration release from the installer? e.g. 4.13 M2. In the release notes that build has a fix for the offline object implementation I think I may need. Is there a way to configure the installer to get that?
Re: [CDO] Where do I download a CDO server zip to deploy? [message #1838422 is a reply to message #1838301] Wed, 24 February 2021 16:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Eike, I don't see a way to download a linux 64 bit distribution of the cdo server from the eclipse installer on windows. Our linux machines are headless so having to deploy X11 just to be able to run the eclipse installer is a huge pain. Is there no repeatable way to get a linux distribution other than the eclipse installer? Is there a configuration property for the eclipse installer that I can set to enable downloads for other platforms?
Re: [CDO] Where do I download a CDO server zip to deploy? [message #1838429 is a reply to message #1838422] Wed, 24 February 2021 18:27 Go to previous message
I couldn't find a way to run eclipse-install headless on linux or to download a linux zip using the windows eclipse-installer. However, I was able to download a linux CDO server after installing and configuring an X11 server for windows (VcXsrv) then running eclipse-install from a linux box. However if there is an easier way it would be really good to know.
Previous Topic:generate USE specifications form EMF metamodels or .ucls UML class diagrams
Next Topic:python or javascript/typescript code generation from EMF
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 17:56:27 GMT 2024