Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Trace Compass » JAXB Problem(Rebase to 6.1.0, respectively to Java 11 (from 8))
JAXB Problem [message #1838077] Mon, 15 February 2021 13:11 Go to next message
Zdeněk Ziegler is currently offline Zdeněk ZieglerFriend
Hi all,

I am struggling with rebase of our plugin for TraceCompass (our trace type)

We are using a lot of XML analysis which are defined in external XML files. Until the version of Trace Compass 5.2.0 a Java 8, everything worked perfectly.

But the newer version are based on Java 11 (minimally) and there is the problem with JAXB libraries.

I am trying to import JAXB jars as external jar libraries, but still the XML files are not loaded because of missing com.sun.xml.bind.v2.ContextFactory. (I googled it a lot, but nothing worked).

So my question is, how do you read XML files for XML Analysis? I have to get rid of this JAXB dependency, but I do not know how to start or where to find code example inside of TC.

Thank you in advace for your answers.

Re: JAXB Problem [message #1838086 is a reply to message #1838077] Mon, 15 February 2021 17:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Genevieve Bastien is currently offline Genevieve BastienFriend
Hi Zdenek,

I empathize with your problems: the java 11 requirement had us also struggle with dependencies here and there on the incubator side.

About the XML, how do you add them for your trace type? There's a few plugins in Trace Compass that include XML files. I don't know if we had to do anything special when moving to Java 11. But maybe their configuration can inspire you. Look for example at the org.eclipse.tracecompass.lttng2.kernel.core plugin [1] (see the plugin.xml or the Manifest.mf), that is part of the feature org.eclipse.tracecompass.lttng2.kernel.

Also, if you look at the 2 commits from beginning of january on the Trace Compass Incubator [2], you may see what we had to do to be compatible with the java 11 requirement

[1] https://git.eclipse.org/c/tracecompass/org.eclipse.tracecompass.git/tree/lttng
[2] https://git.eclipse.org/c/tracecompass.incubator/org.eclipse.tracecompass.incubator.git/log/

I hope this helps,
Geneviève
Re: JAXB Problem [message #1838112 is a reply to message #1838086] Tue, 16 February 2021 10:06 Go to previous message
Zdeněk Ziegler is currently offline Zdeněk ZieglerFriend
Hi Geneviève,

thank you for your quick answer! I looked on sources you sent me, to be precise, I look only at [1], because the incubator URL ends with 404.

BUT the first link helped me, because the org.eclipse.tracecompass.lttng2.kernel.core is using org.eclipse.tracecompass.tmf.analysis.xml.core and this is what I am looking for. It looks very similar to our solution. So hopefully I will be able to fix our solution based on this.

I will update my status when I will finish it.

Once again, thank you!
Previous Topic:kernel and ust traces alongside
Next Topic:Create a new trace type
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 17:32:36 GMT 2024