Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » How to create an aggregate from an aggregate in a sub-group?(Trying to average a list of standard deviations)
How to create an aggregate from an aggregate in a sub-group? [message #1837679] Thu, 04 February 2021 06:03
David Daniels is currently offline David DanielsFriend
I have three levels of grouping in my BIRT report and am successfully calculating the standard deviation a certain aggregate, which is the aggregate of all records with the same Product/Characteristic/Collection SysIds.

I would next like to average these standard deviations at the characteristic level. In other words, on the second group (Characteristic), I'd like to have an aggregate average all of the StdDev aggregates in the group underneath (Collection).

I'm able to add a new aggregate to the Characteristic group but it does not show the collection group as a choice Aggregate On. When I'm looking for the StdDev aggregate using the Expression Builder I cannot find it in the Available Column Bindings list or add it to the bindings after selecting "Edit Bindings."

I'm able to create aggregates for data from datasets that is showing in sub-groups. Is there a way to aggregate an aggregate showing in a sub-group?

Thanks.
Previous Topic:Unable to add new columns
Next Topic:EXCELRenderOption exported xls file cannot open in MS Excel
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 00:55:17 GMT 2024