Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Oomph » How to set osgi.instance.area in installed config.ini
How to set osgi.instance.area in installed config.ini [message #1836774] Wed, 13 January 2021 15:49 Go to next message
Ge Strait is currently offline Ge StraitFriend
I want the Eclipse Installer to set "osgi.instance.area=@user.home/myWorkspace" in the config.ini of the Eclipse application being installed.

Here... <installPath>/configuration/config.ini file.

What is the best way set "osgi.instance.area=@user.home/myWorkspace" using Eclipse Installer?

Thanks.
Re: How to set osgi.instance.area in installed config.ini [message #1836793 is a reply to message #1836774] Thu, 14 January 2021 04:51 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
I'm not sure that's really a good idea. I wonder if File -> Switch Workspace still works in that case? I also wonder is it conceptually different from using -data in the program args of eclipse.ini or -Dosgi.instance.area in the vmargs of the eclipse.ini.

There's no specific task for doing such a thing, but you could do it with a touch point in an IU that you install, but, again not something that sounds like a good idea. A Text Modify task could do the trick.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Understanding variable in a setup + installation
Next Topic:git clone without rebase config
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 14:44:09 GMT 2024