Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Eclipse Crashes on Opening (was working fine last week)(On macOS 11.0.1, after renaming my user.)
Eclipse Crashes on Opening (was working fine last week) [message #1836350] Tue, 29 December 2020 20:19 Go to next message
Matthew Cleland is currently offline Matthew ClelandFriend
Hello Forum People,

I downloaded Eclipse early in the covid lockdown to give myself something to do, and have been enjoying playing around with Java for a while (keep in mind that I know nothing about how computers actually work).

Yesterday, though, I went to open the application for the first time after renaming my user (bolded for emphasis), and it crashed immediately. I have no idea if it's an Apple issue or an Eclipse one.

(edit by moderator)
The full log is copied to a Google Doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1m3GrzII6B6AriA2QxxGF4IiP8gA7kgMxYGW1bEl9Tpo/edit?usp=sharing

Many thanks,
Matthew C

[Updated on: Wed, 30 December 2020 17:34] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Eclipse Crashes on Opening (was working fine last week) [message #1836386 is a reply to message #1836350] Thu, 31 December 2020 20:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you moderator for including the link directly in the post!
Re: Eclipse Crashes on Opening (was working fine last week) [message #1836413 is a reply to message #1836350] Sun, 03 January 2021 01:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Iulian Peca is currently offline Iulian PecaFriend
Hello,

Try to open it as a super user/root. If it works, then could be only a permission issue. If it doesnt work - then must be something else.
Re: Eclipse Crashes on Opening (was working fine last week) [message #1836531 is a reply to message #1836413] Thu, 07 January 2021 01:14 Go to previous message
Hi Iulian, thank you for your suggestion.

I tried opening Eclipse through the terminal as sudo, and there was still an error, though I had to open the log file to see it. The log didn't open automatically like before.
I decided to redownload the application, as I wasn't working on anything important, so I deleted everything and am starting over. Not sure how to close this issue, or even if I'm supposed to.

Thanks again,
Matthew

[Updated on: Thu, 07 January 2021 01:16]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:[SOLVED] Eclipse doesn't launch. Could not load SWT library.
Next Topic:Window Builder. HELP ME!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 18:36:19 GMT 2024