Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Java Virtual Machine Launcher(Error with VM argument path)
Java Virtual Machine Launcher [message #1835409] Wed, 02 December 2020 15:39 Go to next message
Stan Overby is currently offline Stan OverbyFriend
I am trying to update the VM argument path, but I keep getting an error message that says that java virtual machine launcher could not create the virtual machine.

Re: Java Virtual Machine Launcher [message #1835426 is a reply to message #1835409] Thu, 03 December 2020 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

The path isn't the problem, it's having that in the list of JVM arguments. Where are you setting them?

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: Java Virtual Machine Launcher [message #1835429 is a reply to message #1835426] Thu, 03 December 2020 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tauno Voipio is currently offline Tauno VoipioFriend
The Java seems to be version 1.8. IIRC, modules came with version 1.9.

--

Tauno Voipio
Re: Java Virtual Machine Launcher [message #1835446 is a reply to message #1835429] Thu, 03 December 2020 14:14 Go to previous message
Stan Overby is currently offline Stan OverbyFriend
Apparently I have an older version of java installed & I cant get it to change to the newer version. It keeps wanting to look for 1.8. Also the Eclipse that I have installed, which is the latest version currently available, seems to be different, during the tutorial that I was following it says to right click on the project & select buildpath. Well, I don't even see that. I installed this on another computer where although the installation is very tedious it does work. I think what I need to do is uninstall eclipse & all versions of java & reinstall everything in a way that it will be a clean install.
Previous Topic:Rational Application Developer (RAD 8.5.5) stops working after upgrading to macOS Big Sur
Next Topic:RED - Change color of general text in Robot Framework scripts
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 11:40:53 GMT 2024