Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » [SOLVED] - Eclipse 4 product migration from Oxygen to Eclipse 2020-06 : ClassNotFoundException
[SOLVED] - Eclipse 4 product migration from Oxygen to Eclipse 2020-06 : ClassNotFoundException [message #1835391] Wed, 02 December 2020 09:58 Go to next message
Philippe EUGENE is currently offline Philippe EUGENEFriend
Hi,
I migrate an Eclipse 4 product from Oxygen to Eclipse 2020-06.
I've got a ClassNotFoundException when some plugin try to load classes using reflection. All is well in the Oxygen version of the product.

By example with cxf, the org.apache.cxf.cxf-core, try to load the org.objectweb.asm.ClassWriter class.

This class is in the org.objectweb.asm bundle.

This problem of ClassNotFoundException is not specific to the org.apache.cxf.cxf-core bundle. I've got a similar problem with other bundle.

I compare the class loading between the Oxygen version and the Eclipse 2020-06 version without finding the issue.

The two same ClassLoader are used in the both versions :
- org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.ContextFinder
- org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.EquinoxClassLoader

The version of the JDK is the same for the two products : JDK8.

Is somebody have got a similar issue with class loading ?
Thanks for help,
--
Philippe

[Updated on: Tue, 08 December 2020 13:35]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [SOLVED] - Eclipse 4 product migration from Oxygen to Eclipse 2020-06 : ClassNotFoundException [message #1835605 is a reply to message #1835391] Tue, 08 December 2020 13:35 Go to previous message
Philippe EUGENE is currently offline Philippe EUGENEFriend
Solution :
The problem was due to a version incompatibility between cxf plugins and asm plugins. We fixed the problem by updating the version of cxf in our target platform.

[Updated on: Tue, 08 December 2020 13:35]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:E4 Batik CSS Parser upgrade?
Next Topic:Content of TrimmedWindow gets MainWindow added when adding it to Application
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 13:42:40 GMT 2024