Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » Unable to open CFBs of my old project in 4diac 1.10 - 1.13(Opening CFBs of my old project results in org.eclipse.core.runtime.AssertionFailedException: null argument)
Unable to open CFBs of my old project in 4diac 1.10 - 1.13 [message #1834817] Wed, 18 November 2020 14:26 Go to next message
Marc Jakobi is currently offline Marc JakobiFriend
Hi,

I have a project hosted on GitHub (I last used it in 4diac 1.9, if I recall correctly): https://github.com/MrcJkb/PVTControllerLib

Somebody contacted me saying that they could not open function blocks in 4diac 1.10 (on Windows), due to a NullPointerException

I just downloaded 4diac 1.13 to see if I could reproduce the issue on my device (running Arch Linux).
I can open interfaces and basic FBs just fine, but when I try to open composite function blocks in the FB editor, I am given the error message "Failed to create the part's controls.", along with the following stack trace:

org.eclipse.core.runtime.AssertionFailedException: null argument:
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Assert.isNotNull(Assert.java:88)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Assert.isNotNull(Assert.java:76)
	at org.eclipse.gef.editparts.AbstractEditPart.addChild(AbstractEditPart.java:203)
	at org.eclipse.gef.editparts.AbstractEditPart.refreshChildren(AbstractEditPart.java:781)
	at org.eclipse.gef.editparts.AbstractEditPart.refresh(AbstractEditPart.java:726)
	at org.eclipse.gef.editparts.AbstractGraphicalEditPart.refresh(AbstractGraphicalEditPart.java:644)
	at org.eclipse.fordiac.ide.gef.editparts.AbstractDiagramEditPart.refresh(AbstractDiagramEditPart.java:71)
	at org.eclipse.gef.editparts.AbstractEditPart.addNotify(AbstractEditPart.java:253)
	at org.eclipse.gef.editparts.AbstractGraphicalEditPart.addNotify(AbstractGraphicalEditPart.java:223)
	at org.eclipse.gef.editparts.AbstractEditPart.addChild(AbstractEditPart.java:212)
	at org.eclipse.gef.editparts.SimpleRootEditPart.setContents(SimpleRootEditPart.java:105)
	at org.eclipse.gef.ui.parts.AbstractEditPartViewer.setContents(AbstractEditPartViewer.java:617)
	at org.eclipse.gef.ui.parts.AbstractEditPartViewer.setContents(AbstractEditPartViewer.java:626)
	at org.eclipse.fordiac.ide.gef.DiagramEditorWithFlyoutPalette.initializeGraphicalViewer(DiagramEditorWithFlyoutPalette.java:232)
	at org.eclipse.fordiac.ide.gef.DiagramEditorWithFlyoutPalette.createGraphicalViewer(DiagramEditorWithFlyoutPalette.java:140)

Have there been incompatible changes to CFBs? If so, is there a way I can migrate them?

Best regards,
Marc

[Updated on: Wed, 18 November 2020 14:38]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Unable to open CFBs of my old project in 4diac 1.10 - 1.13 [message #1834845 is a reply to message #1834817] Wed, 18 November 2020 20:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

Could it be that the composite FBs have a type missing? I mean that the type of one of the FBs inside the composite FB is missing.

I noticed that we had this issue in 1.13.0 that it didn't gracefully handle that in the type editor. There is a fix in the repo which will be made available with with 1.13.1.

[Updated on: Wed, 18 November 2020 20:57]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Unable to open CFBs of my old project in 4diac 1.10 - 1.13 [message #1835105 is a reply to message #1834845] Tue, 24 November 2020 19:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marc Jakobi is currently offline Marc JakobiFriend
Thanks for the reply. Do you mean "missing" as in missing from the FB library?
Re: Unable to open CFBs of my old project in 4diac 1.10 - 1.13 [message #1835278 is a reply to message #1835105] Sun, 29 November 2020 20:22 Go to previous message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

Yes. From the error messages it looks like that one of the contained FB instances in the CFB could not be loaded.
Previous Topic:Creating an external event handler
Next Topic:watching information disppeared after about 20seconds
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 02:56:05 GMT 2024