Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » Main toolbar enable state is not updating (The main toolbar items do not reflect the handlers enable state)
Main toolbar enable state is not updating [message #1834733] Tue, 17 November 2020 05:03 Go to next message
Greg Babcock is currently offline Greg BabcockFriend
I have updated an RCP application from Indigo to 4.16 using E3/E4 compatibility mode.

In one perspectives the state of the main toolbar items do not update when their handler enabled state changes. Their enabled state does update when the popup menu is activated, or the toolbar drag handle is grabbed.

Using the Model Spy I have verified that the toolbar and model are in sync, so the handler setBaseEnabled(enabled) method is not updating the model.

How can I trigger a model update?

Re: Main toolbar enable state is not updating [message #1836889 is a reply to message #1834733] Mon, 18 January 2021 01:53 Go to previous message
Greg Babcock is currently offline Greg BabcockFriend
This issue has been resolved.

I was able to get the toolbars to update correctly by having them implement ISelectionProvider. This was not done in 3.x because the selection was not to pertinent any other view. and the toolbars updated correctly without it.
Previous Topic:Content of TrimmedWindow gets MainWindow added when adding it to Application
Next Topic:How to clear persisted state if application model has changed?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 12:27:59 GMT 2024