Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » NatTable » Unit Tests - Issues with timeout
Unit Tests - Issues with timeout [message #1834493] Wed, 11 November 2020 12:45 Go to next message
Michael Heiss is currently offline Michael HeissFriend
Hi,

We recently updated the JUNIT library in our project to 4.13 and now all (except the first) tests which involve the NatTable widget are failing.

Creating the table widget itself fails as the (shared static) ThreadGroup that the Scheduler of the table is using is disposed by the JUNIT framework. This disposal happens because the FailOnTimeout statement is creating a thread group running the test and then disposing the thread group. Now all child groups are also invalid. Thus the next test that wants to create a table widget is failing.

Is this a bug or should we simply stop using a time limited test?

Regards,
Michael

Re: Unit Tests - Issues with timeout [message #1834508 is a reply to message #1834493] Wed, 11 November 2020 15:33 Go to previous message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
Hi,

If it worked before the update and now it is failing, I personally would say there is a bug in JUnit. The code in NatTable exists this way for years.

But to be honest, I haven't used JUnit timeouts before, so I can't give you any additional information that could help here.
Greez,
Dirk
Previous Topic:TreeLayer and RowReorderLayer -> supported?
Next Topic:Drag the mouse to select multiple row headers to select multiple rows
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 25 20:16:01 GMT 2024