Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Not able to build R4_9_maintenance jetty code
Not able to build R4_9_maintenance jetty code [message #1833188] Tue, 06 October 2020 09:44 Go to next message
Roshni Gupta is currently offline Roshni GuptaFriend
Hi Team,

I have cloned aggregrator project using below command :
git clone -b R4_9_maintenance --recursive git://git.eclipse.org/gitroot/platform/eclipse.platform.releng.aggregator.git

but when building whole project it's showing below error Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: org/eclipse/tycho/extras/eclipserun/EclipseRunMojo has been compiled by a more recent version of the Java Runtime (class file version 55.0), this version of the Java Runtime only recognizes class file versions up to 52.0

It required jdk11 but my project is on jdk8.

Please let me know how can I build project on jdk8.

and let me know if i want build only org.eclipse.equinox.http.jetty how can I do this

Thanks

Re: Not able to build R4_9_maintenance jetty code [message #1833633 is a reply to message #1833188] Tue, 20 October 2020 07:03 Go to previous message
Guru Prasad HB is currently offline Guru Prasad HBFriend
I don't have Eclipse R4_9_maintenance branch, These might help
1. With latest tycho 2.x requires JDK 11 and above for compiling. But that doesn't affect the components built using JDK 11 running with JDK 8 as "Bundle-RequiredExecutionEnvironment: JavaSE-1.8" JDT compilation will make sure the module / plug-in works with JDK 8 and above.
2. to compile individual module from root you can run , clone git://git.eclipse.org/gitroot/equinox/rt.equinox.bundles.git and run "mvn clean verify -Pbuild-individual-bundles"
Previous Topic:Local Platform build not including locally built plug-ins in p2 repository
Next Topic:SWT ImageData loader and 1bpp images
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 07:33:57 GMT 2024