Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Sirius Web and XText(Sirius Web and XText)
Sirius Web and XText [message #1832744] Thu, 24 September 2020 09:54 Go to next message
Neil Mackenzie is currently offline Neil MackenzieFriend
Hello,
I am looking to choose a web front end for the Eclipse Free BIRD Tools project.
Currently it is an RCP application that uses Eclipse Sirius for visualizations and Xtext for a text DSL.

I was wondering if Sirius web will allow support for DSL's described in XText.
Today I can use Eclipse Theia (or EMF.cloud which uses Theia) to have a nice editor for a DSL described in Xtext (by making a Language Server)..will this be possible in Sirius Web also? Also Does Sirius Web use Eclipse Theia?

Thanks,
Neil
Re: Sirius Web and XText [message #1832767 is a reply to message #1832744] Thu, 24 September 2020 15:48 Go to previous message
Melanie Bats is currently offline Melanie BatsFriend
Hi Niel,

Today, Sirius Web works based on the EMF and EMF.edit code generated from an EMF classical metamodel. We have not tried yet to make it works with Xtext based DSL.
We are working hard on the open sourcing of the first version of Sirius Web. It will be available end of October and we will not work on the Xtext topic since this first release.
We defintely have in mind that it should work in a near future but it is not yet the case. You will be able to try it soon by your own and maybe contribute what might be missing for this to work.

Sirius Web does not rely on Eclipse Theia but we have made the architecture of the project ready to make possible to use Sirius Web representations in Theia. We already have developed some POC which confirms that this can be done.

Best regards,
Mélanie
Previous Topic:Make line names croppable only at string end in pivot tables
Next Topic:Display enumeration options individually with ability to enable/disable them?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 00:21:41 GMT 2024