Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Trying to define Relation Based Edges(Using AQL to define multiple target classes in the target finder expression)
Trying to define Relation Based Edges [message #1832652] Tue, 22 September 2020 18:50 Go to next message
Thomas Chiang is currently offline Thomas ChiangFriend
Hello all,

I am trying to define a relation based edge for my project for class A. The target of the relation can be class B or class C. How can I define in the target finder expression an 'or' expression so that I don't have to change my ecore metamodel in order to implement this reference? I am trying to learn AQL in order to do it but it is not very clear how I can do this. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

[Updated on: Wed, 23 September 2020 20:14]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Trying to define Relation Based Edges [message #1832755 is a reply to message #1832652] Thu, 24 September 2020 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Julien Dupont is currently offline Julien DupontFriend
Hello Thomas,

You have 2 options to do this. The first is to modify you ecore metamodel and define a super Class for B and C.
If you don't want modify your metamodel you can create a query that allow to find the target from the source. A request as for example aql:self.myrelationB or self.myRelationC where self correspond to the source and myRelationD correspond to relation return B.

Regards,
Re: Trying to define Relation Based Edges [message #1832941 is a reply to message #1832755] Tue, 29 September 2020 16:46 Go to previous message
Thomas Chiang is currently offline Thomas ChiangFriend
Thanks! I ended up just changing the metamodel to make things easier as I couldn't get a query to work the way I wanted it to.
Previous Topic:Display enumeration options individually with ability to enable/disable them?
Next Topic:References not showing from horizontal stack containers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 26 01:38:24 GMT 2024