Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Titan » Eclipse Titan Issue The executable file does not exist
Eclipse Titan Issue The executable file does not exist [message #1831619] Tue, 25 August 2020 11:28 Go to next message
Felix B is currently offline Felix BFriend
Hey All,

i have a problem with the Eclipse Titan. Every Example in web won´t execute. (only the Hello World Example) and i get the Error:

"The executable file does not exist"

The sequence to create a project:

1. Create Project
2. Create TTCN-Module in /src
3. use the console to generate .cc .hh files
- compiler -t Example.ttcn
4. create cfg file
- in the execute part: Example.control

5. Run -> Parallel Launcher
Error message coming....

Other Errors: It runs and u switch to the TITAN executing window:
- start the test

Error : A control part doesn´t exist

i hope somebody can help me. I don´t know what i´m doing wrong...
Re: Eclipse Titan Issue The executable file does not exist [message #1831624 is a reply to message #1831619] Tue, 25 August 2020 13:18 Go to previous message
Kristof Szabados is currently offline Kristof SzabadosFriend
Hi Felix,

There looks like to be some misunderstandings based on your process.
- the -t flag of the compiler only generates some default test port sekeltons, but does not compile the code.
- in fact the compiler itself will only translate your code from TTCN-3 files to C++ .hh/.cc files, but not reach the binary on its own.
- to compiler your files till the executable you will need to generate and use a makefile, that will drive your build process.

But actually if you are already using the Eclipse based toolset, you could just use it to manage all this administrative stuff in the background for you.
Please take a look at the user guide of the Designer plugin: https://www.eclipse.org/downloads/download.php?file=/titan/DesignerUserGuide.pdf
- chapter 4 should help in setting up your project and adding source code to it.
(you might already be doing it right, but the guide can help you set more specific properties)
- chapter 6 should help with building your project.

Best Regards
Kristof
Previous Topic:Getting Started with the SocketCAN J1939 Test Port on the example of Isobus
Next Topic:Titan compiler for windows
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 09:07:49 GMT 2024