Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Force relinking of XAbstractFeatureCall
Force relinking of XAbstractFeatureCall [message #1830043] Thu, 16 July 2020 07:26
Lorenzo Bettini is currently offline Lorenzo BettiniFriend
Hi

Premise: In one of my Xbase DSLs I'm using the XbaseInterpreter to collect on-the-fly runtime information to help the compiler (mainly for the type system and scoping). When something changes during the interpretation I clear the OnChangeEvictingCache so that computed types are discarded (and so are information about unresolved references) so that the scope provider is queried again to resolve proxies and the type computer is invoked again to compute types, using the new information collected during the interpretation.

Everything works as expected, the only problem is with XAbstractFeatureCall, in particular member feature calls, e.g., something like

exp.meth()

With the above architecture, the type of exp is correctly computed again, and it might be completely different from the previously computed type (thanks to the new information collected by the interpreter), however, if "meth" has previously been linked during a previous type computation, it is not attempted to be linked/typed again. Thus, something that could now be unresolved (after typing again exp) is not detected.

Long story short: is there a mechanism to force feature scopes information to be recomputed during type computation?

thanks in advance
Lorenzo

Previous Topic:Fuzzy grammar advice
Next Topic:post processing of the inferred meta model
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 13:08:59 GMT 2024