Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Graphiti » AbstractDirectEditingFeature jumps to 0,0 coordinates on scroll change
AbstractDirectEditingFeature jumps to 0,0 coordinates on scroll change [message #1829394] Thu, 02 July 2020 15:12 Go to next message
Alex Kravets is currently offline Alex KravetsFriend
Hello,

The text figure was adopted based on sketch example https://git.eclipse.org/c/graphiti/org.eclipse.graphiti.git/tree/tests/org.eclipse.graphiti.testtool.sketch and is the only shape that exhibits this behavior. I ran sketch repository example and don't see this behavior. How can I pinpoint cause of this issue?

Video showing issuehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=as_NwcZTPYM&

Thanks,
Alex

[Updated on: Thu, 02 July 2020 16:34]

Report message to a moderator

Re: AbstractDirectEditingFeature jumps to 0,0 coordinates on scroll change [message #1829422 is a reply to message #1829394] Fri, 03 July 2020 06:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Wenz is currently offline Michael WenzFriend
Alex,

what goes wrong here is hard to tell without knowing the source code. I would assume that you need to check if there is anything wrong in the move feature for the shape. The features of the Sketch example are build in a generic way, and I'm not sure what happens when children are added.

Another thing that came just to my mind: are you sure you move the complete shape or maybe just the text box? In the latter case you would probably move that out of its container and its former relative coordinates (0,0 to the container ?) are now suddenly global coordinates.

HTH,
Michael
Re: AbstractDirectEditingFeature jumps to 0,0 coordinates on scroll change [message #1829540 is a reply to message #1829422] Mon, 06 July 2020 15:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alex Kravets is currently offline Alex KravetsFriend
Thanks Michael,

I traced the issue to another custom feature that keeps a shape at constant position in upper left corner of the canvas. The text rectangle somehow interferes with this functionality. Can you remind me which part of Graphiti is responsible for canvas panning as a result of scroll bars being scrolled?
Re: AbstractDirectEditingFeature jumps to 0,0 coordinates on scroll change [message #1829638 is a reply to message #1829540] Wed, 08 July 2020 06:44 Go to previous message
Michael Wenz is currently offline Michael WenzFriend
Hm, that depends of course on what exactly is not working as expected. Maybe org.eclipse.graphiti.ui.internal.editor.GFFigureCanvas is a good starting point.

HTH,
Michael
Previous Topic:Advice on ELK+Graphiti for incremental/dynamic views
Next Topic:Expose IDPattern IDs
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 07:24:00 GMT 2024