Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Oomph » Java Main/Test sources working set
Java Main/Test sources working set [message #1829282] Tue, 30 June 2020 12:22 Go to next message
Felix Dorner is currently offline Felix DornerFriend
Hi,

My oomph-based working space suddenly has "Java Main/Java Test Sources" working sets, which is pretty useless to me. You know how it get there and how I can get rid of them?

Thanks,
Felix
Re: Java Main/Test sources working set [message #1829289 is a reply to message #1829282] Tue, 30 June 2020 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
I imagine those come from here:

https://git.eclipse.org/c/jdt/eclipse.jdt.ui.git/tree/org.eclipse.jdt.ui/ui/org/eclipse/jdt/internal/ui/workingsets/DynamicSourcesWorkingSetUpdater.java#n143

I think those only appear in the Project Explorer and not the Package Explorer so maybe you suddenly changed which view you're using. In any case, in the Project Explorer you can use the view menu's Select Working Set... to deselect them...

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Java Main/Test sources working set [message #1829298 is a reply to message #1829289] Wed, 01 July 2020 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Felix Dorner is currently offline Felix DornerFriend
Oh thank you. I never got the idea why two "Explorers" would be needed. But something tickles, I'm not sure, I saw Lars Vogel recently tweeting about deprecating one of these? Let's hope it's not going to be the same disaster as the kebap menu icons...
Re: Java Main/Test sources working set [message #1829300 is a reply to message #1829298] Wed, 01 July 2020 08:03 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
The Package Explorer is very specific to Java. The Project Explorer is more general for all types of projects where each technology can provide specialized tree structure to make their resources easier to navigate, and even to show resource content structure the way JDT does for *.java files.

It's the Navigator is deprecated for quite long already, but the view is still available. I hope they replace it with a Project Explorer that's configured to show "raw" file structure as it really appears in the file system.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Oomph cannot find .equinox.p2.iu and .jdt.feature.group
Next Topic:Targlets and dynamic update site URIs
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 03:07:26 GMT 2024