Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » PDE Build can't find dependency to Java 11
PDE Build can't find dependency to Java 11 [message #1828211] Thu, 04 June 2020 07:52 Go to next message
Manuel Mall is currently offline Manuel MallFriend
To start with, we are using the PDE build and we have a directory based target platform. I am aware that this is considered 'outdated' technology but as this is an over 12 year old large RCP application using plugins in it's target platform not available from P2 repositories we are currently stuck with this and it was working fine. However, we are currently undertaking a refresh to Java 11 and the latest RCP version (2020-06) and I am struggling getting our headless build to work.

Everything works fine out of the workspace and I can even export the product.

However, in our headless build I get errors like
[p2.mirror] Problems resolving provisioning plan.
[p2.mirror] Unable to satisfy dependency from <product> to osgi.ee; JavaSE [11.0.0,11.0.0]

and for each plugin
[p2.mirror] Unable to satisfy dependency from <plugin> to osgi.ee; (&(osgi.ee=JavaSE)(version=11))

Each plugin has the line
Bundle-RequiredExecutionEnvironment: JavaSE-11

in it's manifest. This is required as we have multi-version JARs in the target platform and compilation fails against the Java 11 JDK if we set the execution environment to JavaSE-1.8 or below.

So it appears the headless build P2 invocation can't find the Java 11 OSGi profile. Any idea, how I can make that profile available to the build?

Re: PDE Build can't find dependency to Java 11 [message #1834004 is a reply to message #1828211] Fri, 30 October 2020 01:02 Go to previous message
Chris Lake is currently offline Chris LakeFriend
Hi,

Are you still having this problem?

I personally found two potential issues:
* https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=568388
* https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/m/1834003/#msg_1834003

Does either of them describe your situation?
Previous Topic:Error when starting Runtime Eclipse
Next Topic:Product Export with JDK 11
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 22:44:30 GMT 2024