Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Compare » Distinguishing various references inside Diff with same name(How to distinguish two references having the same name and referencing the same object in the model when looking at the Diffs obtained with EMFCompare ?)
Distinguishing various references inside Diff with same name [message #1827411] Thu, 14 May 2020 08:33 Go to next message
Jean Walter is currently offline Jean WalterFriend
Hi,
I'm quite new to EMF and have recently started using EMFCompare programatically to compare models in a 2-way comparison. So far, I'm beginning to have a global understanding of the way EMFCompare works and how the Diffs represent the differences between the models.
However, I have a problem. Suppose I have a model with three classes A,B and C. Both class A and B have a reference named c going to C, those references being indentical to the exception one is in A and the other in B. If I operate a modification on one of the references c, let's say I change the name of the one in A, EMFCompare is going to inform me of this with a CHANGE Diff. My problem is I don't know how to know (from this Diff) which reference was changed. Is there a way to get this information programatically from the various informations EMFCompare can give us ?
Thanks for your help.
Re: Distinguishing various references inside Diff with same name [message #1827792 is a reply to message #1827411] Sun, 24 May 2020 06:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laurent Delaigue is currently offline Laurent DelaigueFriend
Hello,
On the Diff you can retrieve the Match, from which you can navigate to the object that has been changed, in your case this object should be the reference that has been renamed.
Re: Distinguishing various references inside Diff with same name [message #1828233 is a reply to message #1827792] Thu, 04 June 2020 14:24 Go to previous message
Jean Walter is currently offline Jean WalterFriend
Thank you very much.
Previous Topic:Repository for 3.3
Next Topic:Retrieving the "match of value" in an ADD Diff computed by EMF Compare
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 17:37:22 GMT 2024