Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Eclipse Non-Standard Window Appearance
Eclipse Non-Standard Window Appearance [message #1826803] Thu, 30 April 2020 19:40 Go to next message
Piyush Gupta is currently offline Piyush GuptaFriend
Whenever I open Eclipse, it has some non-standard appearance in which it changes the expected background from black to yellow and enables boxes around code blocks. In order to get back to standard appearance, I have to open a new window, which has black background (default theme) and no boxes around code blocks.

It happens with all editors: Bash Editor, Liclipse SourceShell Editor, Liclipse Editor & Text Editor.

I've attached 2 screenshots: Standard mode and non-standard mode.

I was wondering how I can disable that non-standard when I restart Eclipse.

Thanks!

Eclipse Version:
Eclipse IDE for Enterprise Java Developers.
Version: 2020-03 (4.15.0)
Build id: 20200313-1211

[Updated on: Thu, 30 April 2020 19:42]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Eclipse Non-Standard Window Appearance [message #1826805 is a reply to message #1826803] Fri, 01 May 2020 03:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

The default theme doesn't usually contain a black background. Did you install an additional theme or theming support? Does it still happen with Liclipse and the Bash Editor uninstalled?

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: Eclipse Non-Standard Window Appearance [message #1826833 is a reply to message #1826805] Fri, 01 May 2020 20:03 Go to previous message
Piyush Gupta is currently offline Piyush GuptaFriend
Thanks Nitin for the reply.

I'm using DevStyle theme (https://marketplace.eclipse.org/content/darkest-dark-theme-devstyle#group-screenshots), which I had to install since it doesn't come with Eclipse. However, I've used that theme for almost a year without any issues. This issue just started happening around 2-3 weeks back. Not sure whether I entered some shortcut, enabling that non-standard appearance by mistake. Don't think uninstalling Liclipse and Bash editor would help since the issue also happens with the default text editor.

Any suggestions on how to go about fixing this?
Previous Topic:Eclipse installer does not find jre
Next Topic:no errors shown in package explorer using Eclipse for Java
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 09:25:14 GMT 2024