Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » M2T (model-to-text transformation) » Compile Accelo with Maven&Tycho&Travis(Compile Accelo with Maven&Tycho&Travis)
Compile Accelo with Maven&Tycho&Travis [message #1824473] Wed, 15 April 2020 19:04 Go to next message
Antonio Garmendia is currently offline Antonio GarmendiaFriend
Hi all,

I just started to work with Tycho following this tutorial from vogella [1]. At the moment, I am trying to compile an Acceleo project following this [2], but without success. When I install the plug-in in Eclipse from the update site and try to generate the files from Acceleo I get the error that the '*.emtl' is not found.

Find attached the project pom [project-pom.xml] and the global configuration [configuration-pom.xml]. Would anyone take a look at the code?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Anthony

[1] https://www.vogella.com/tutorials/EclipseTycho/article.html
[2] https://wiki.eclipse.org/Acceleo/Maven#Maven_Tycho_build
Re: Compile Accelo with Maven&Tycho&Travis [message #1824474 is a reply to message #1824473] Wed, 15 April 2020 20:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

Sorry, you are probably on your own. I tend to answer most of the questions here, but stopped using Acceleo over 5 years ago, partly because building with Buckminster was impractical. I can imagine that building with Maven/Tycho is pretty challenging too.

I can only recommend starting from an example that works, which that wiki reference might, and slowly migrate into what you want.

Regards

Ed Willink
Re: Compile Accelo with Maven&Tycho&Travis [message #1824476 is a reply to message #1824474] Wed, 15 April 2020 20:44 Go to previous message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
HI

IIRC, before I abandoned Acceleo, to workaround my inability to get Buckminster to build an Acceleo project predictably, I took to treating the *.emtl as a 'manually' built source, so that the distribution build fetched the *.emtl from a stable GIT location. You just need to temporarily activate an interactive build after changing the *.mtl and copy the *.emtl from the build location to the 'source' location. This would avoid Maven challenges for you.

Regards

Ed Willink
Previous Topic:JET Editor
Next Topic:How to get the child classes only?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 18:46:02 GMT 2024