Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » RDi (Rational Developer Eclipse) using egit not finding git execs: bsh: git-receive-pack: not foun(RDi (an eclipsed for specific for IBM i platform) error finding Git commands)
RDi (Rational Developer Eclipse) using egit not finding git execs: bsh: git-receive-pack: not foun [message #1822694] Wed, 11 March 2020 14:41 Go to next message
Jim Powell is currently offline Jim PowellFriend
For any git process running from our RDi Eclipse environment we are receiving messages such as : bsh: git-receive-pack: not found . So as RDi connects to the ssh repository on our server it's not finding the git executables. The binaries do exist on the system within /QOpenSys/pkgs/bin. I've updated the PATH environment variable and the .profile file so the path is recognized when signing on to the system with a ssh request. If I directly ssh onto the server, I can call git commands with no issues. For some reason the eclipse environment within RDi doesn't recognize the /QOpenSys/pkgs/bin path.
Re: RDi (Rational Developer Eclipse) using egit not finding git execs: bsh: git-receive-pack: not f [message #1822714 is a reply to message #1822694] Wed, 11 March 2020 20:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthias Sohn is currently offline Matthias SohnFriend
The git support in Eclipse implemented by EGit does not use native git but relies on JGit, the Java implementation of git.
I suggest you ask the IBM product support. I don't use RDi and have no idea how it's implemented.
Re: RDi (Rational Developer Eclipse) using egit not finding git execs: bsh: git-receive-pack: not f [message #1822908 is a reply to message #1822714] Mon, 16 March 2020 15:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for that explanation. I did open a problem with Rational Developer for IBM i, but since Git is an open source solution, they were unwilling to support my problem. Hence why I'm going down this journey, using this forum. But I appreciate the jGit explanation. The RDi plug-in shows up as eGit though.
Re: RDi (Rational Developer Eclipse) using egit not finding git execs: bsh: git-receive-pack: not f [message #1823047 is a reply to message #1822908] Wed, 18 March 2020 18:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I finally figured out what was going on with RDi and the ACS Open Source Package-based Git. RDi expects everything to exist in /QopenSys/usr/bin regardless of enabling new paths within system environment varibles or .profile SSH login path directives. So I inserted symbolic links within /QOpenSys/usr/bin to resolve the problem.
Re: RDi (Rational Developer Eclipse) using egit not finding git execs: bsh: git-receive-pack: not f [message #1854752 is a reply to message #1823047] Wed, 07 September 2022 14:46 Go to previous message
johan Wigh is currently offline johan WighFriend
We are expeceriencing a similar problem which libraries did you make symlinks to?
Previous Topic:option to delete untracked files on git reset
Next Topic:SSHSessionFactory with Auth fail with token
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 17:22:38 GMT 2024