Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Specifying the default model object to create in new model creation
Specifying the default model object to create in new model creation [message #1822535] Mon, 09 March 2020 14:35 Go to next message
Avi Shaked is currently offline Avi ShakedFriend
Hi,

Is there a way to set the default model object to be created when creating a new Sirius-based domain-specific model?
Is there a way to limit the possible selection?

Currently, when creating a new model (based on a metamodel) the default is blank and all of my metamodel classes are available. I got negative feedback from users regarding this.

Thank you,
Avi
Re: Specifying the default model object to create in new model creation [message #1822538 is a reply to message #1822535] Mon, 09 March 2020 15:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maxime Porhel is currently offline Maxime PorhelFriend
Hi Avi,

You have several way to do this.

The first one is a simple customization of the code generated by EMF for your domain : open the yourDomainModelWizard class from your .editor plugin. See yourDomainModelWizardInitialObjectCreationPage.getInitialObjectNames() method. You can also configure the model initialization in createInitialModel().

You could also provide a custom project creation wizard to create the project, the domain model and do additional steps, as done by EcoreTools see https://github.com/eclipse/ecoretools/blob/master/org.eclipse.emf.ecoretools.design.ui/src/org/eclipse/emf/ecoretools/design/ui/wizard/EcoreModelerWizard.java

Regards,

Maxime Porhel - Obeo

Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: Specifying the default model object to create in new model creation [message #1822691 is a reply to message #1822538] Wed, 11 March 2020 13:53 Go to previous message
Avi Shaked is currently offline Avi ShakedFriend
Great. Thanks!
I do think it could be nice to have a Sirius feature to handle this, as well as adding viewpoints to the created model automatically.
I understand that this is somewhere between ECORE and Sirius, but, in the end, a good integration could result in a modeling system that is bigger than the sum of its constituents.
Previous Topic:Generating code with Acceleo from Sirius digram model
Next Topic:Generation of ID's
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 01:23:39 GMT 2024