Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » Understanding FORTE code(FORTE )
Understanding FORTE code [message #1822226] Mon, 02 March 2020 07:09 Go to next message
Vishnu Easwaran E is currently offline Vishnu Easwaran EFriend
I am trying to figure out from where to start reading the code, which file does the execution starts from etc. Can someone please help?
I feel the documentation for contributing to the code speaks nothing about the structure of the project/code base. Also, I am an electronic hardware designer and don't have much experience dealing with system software and/or large code.
Any help will be greatly appreciated :)
Re: Understanding FORTE code [message #1822228 is a reply to message #1822226] Mon, 02 March 2020 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

Unfortunately 4diac FORTE is quite hard to get into. One reason is that we did quite some optimizations towards memory and CPU usage. The second is the many different operating systems and devices we are supporting. Therefore I think it makes more sense to look into the code for dedicated use cases. E.g., the IO code or the threading code. What do you want to understand from 4diac FORTE code?
Re: Understanding FORTE code [message #1822241 is a reply to message #1822228] Mon, 02 March 2020 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vishnu Easwaran E is currently offline Vishnu Easwaran EFriend
Hm.. Okay. I am looking to integrate the ADS1118 that I have interfaced with a raspberry pi in my board (OpenPLC). It is connected over SPI. I also plan to have a script like the one for plcnext, conmelon etc dedicated for OpenPLC.
Re: Understanding FORTE code [message #1822265 is a reply to message #1822241] Mon, 02 March 2020 19:59 Go to previous message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

I still think the best option here would be to go with the new IO interface. The most complete reference implementation is the embrick one which is also SPI based. However this is rather complicate to understand. I guess better would be to have a look at the new Wago code, which is more limited but better for starting. Maybe also Jose who did the Wago impl can give some hints.
Previous Topic:String to insert was empty
Next Topic:data input with connection in CustomFB
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 24 10:16:15 GMT 2024