Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » How does 4diac convert ST into c code?
How does 4diac convert ST into c code? [message #1821985] Tue, 25 February 2020 08:02 Go to next message
Fangzhou Shen is currently offline Fangzhou ShenFriend
Hi!
I 'd like to know how does 4diac convert ST into c code. I noticed that 4diac ide can generate a function block which written by structured text into C code.
Re: How does 4diac convert ST into c code? [message #1822008 is a reply to message #1821985] Tue, 25 February 2020 15:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

First of all we are generating C++ code. For that we expect quite some infrastructure provided by 4diac FORTE.

We have two different C++ code generators:
1 . an old one handwritten in Java which takes an IEC 61499 FB and generates for its elements the required 4diac FORTE C++ statements
2. a new experimental generator based on XTend. This one is not fully functional yet. But we hope to have it as default generator for the upcoming 1.12.0 release.

If you are looking for a C code generator for pure IEC 61131-3 ST you may want to have a look on the MATIEC project: https://bitbucket.org/mjsousa/matiec/src/default/
Re: How does 4diac convert ST into c code? [message #1822025 is a reply to message #1822008] Wed, 26 February 2020 02:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fangzhou Shen is currently offline Fangzhou ShenFriend
I very much appreciate that you reply to me so quickly. Thank you!
1. There are some other questions whether the one handwritten in java plans to be open source or not?
2. I would like to know is it feasible that our company wants to develop and integrate the compiler which converts ST code to c++ ourselves and work in the 4DIAC environment?

[Updated on: Wed, 26 February 2020 02:38]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How does 4diac convert ST into c code? [message #1822075 is a reply to message #1822025] Wed, 26 February 2020 17:30 Go to previous message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

You are welcome.

Ad 1) we currently don't have FBs with handwritten Java code.
Ad 2) Yes we provide an own extension point for exporters. If you write your plugin to hook into that extension point your exporter will show up in the list and users can choos from that. You can do that in an own independent plugin which is separated from the open source code.
Previous Topic:ECC status change Hook executeEvent
Next Topic:String to insert was empty
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 05:43:09 GMT 2024