Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Changes in source don't have any effect(I try to modify an existing source, but the changes don't have any effect.)
Changes in source don't have any effect [message #1821773] Wed, 19 February 2020 23:17 Go to next message
Aurelio Caliaro is currently offline Aurelio CaliaroFriend
I am accessing an existing project, OpenHAB, which includes different modules (called 'bindings'). I would like to debug an existing module.

I have been able to access the whole project and to create a separate project with the binding I want to debug ("Import existing Maven project"). I modified some points, eg. I modified some lines in the java file and saved the file. I saw then that that file was freshly built. However, when I run the program it still shows the original version.

I think that maybe the OpenHAB package takes the unmodified OpenHAB version of that module instead of the version I modified. I don't see where I can tell Eclipse to include the class in a given path. Any hint where I have to look for that?
Re: Changes in source don't have any effect [message #1821777 is a reply to message #1821773] Thu, 20 February 2020 05:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
It's probably better to look to this site for a place to ask about it and it's tools:

https://www.openhab.org/

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Changes in source don't have any effect [message #1821787 is a reply to message #1821777] Thu, 20 February 2020 06:57 Go to previous message
Aurelio Caliaro is currently offline Aurelio CaliaroFriend
Thank you Ed. I thought that it was so specific to the programming environment that I wanted to ask here first. On the other side Eclipse is so much customized for OpenHAB programming that it might be an issue of the combination of the two. I will ask in the OpenHAB forum.
Previous Topic:Installing one plugin gets certificate error
Next Topic:I can't run Eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 12:00:26 GMT 2024