Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » JCDE for Eclipse 2019-12 MAC vs Windows(Unable to Install JCDE Plugin on Window)
JCDE for Eclipse 2019-12 MAC vs Windows [message #1821500] Thu, 13 February 2020 16:48 Go to next message
J J is currently offline J JFriend
I am a new learner on java card development subject, so pardon me if the question or the wording are kinda messy.

JCDE are n of those useful plugin so we can set and export CAP file easily, yet
It's seems that i can't install the JCDE for the same version on eclipse even though it work just fine on mac?

here is the step that i do on both operating system:
1 extracting the downloaded JCDE plugin
2. copy the jar file(8 item) to eclipse's plugins directory folder

on the MAC os, it works well, once i restart the eclipse IDE, new menu like java card, cref etc are appear like it should be. But on the windows 10 64 bit os..there i no change :( !

so.. i wonder if anyone know whats wrong or the "right way" for me to install jcde for windows??

thanks you in advance for your help!
Re: JCDE for Eclipse 2019-12 MAC vs Windows [message #1821520 is a reply to message #1821500] Fri, 14 February 2020 04:50 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
I think you'd normally add things to the dropins folder, not to the plugins folder. Doesn't JCDE provide a p2 update site that you can install from? You could also try running the IDE with a "-clean" argument and see if that updates the profile...

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Unable to install
Next Topic:Eclipse IDE 2019-12 and 2020-03 System Requirements
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 16:11:20 GMT 2024