Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Error fixing window takes a long time to open and other responsiveness problems
Error fixing window takes a long time to open and other responsiveness problems [message #1821094] Wed, 05 February 2020 14:43
Eugenio Pancake is currently offline Eugenio PancakeFriend
I have been suggested to post this here instead of the newcomers section

When there is an error in the code (unknown class, unhandled exception etc., for example typing "longt" instead of "long") on the left of the editor there is a light bulb with a red x. When I click it, it takes a few hundred milliseconds to open the window with suggestions to fix the problem (create class, create interface, change to another class etc) and I have to double click one of those suggestions in order for the action to be done.

Another thing is when I click on a variable name, that variable name will be highlighted in all of the code, however that too takes a few hundred ms to happen and it's extremely frustrating

Even right clicking in the editor has a noticeable delay, although it's shorter than the others

Is it normal for the window to open to take so much time? On netbeans it's near instant.
Is it also possible to fix the error using a single click instead of double click?

I am using the 2019-12 version, I tried changing to the classic theme but it had no effect.
Previous Topic:[Solved] Format: manual override of org.eclipse.jdt.core.prefs and org.eclipse.jdt.ui.prefs works?
Next Topic:classpath problems after updating to eclipse 2019-12
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 11:06:32 GMT 2024