Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » General (non-technical) » Eclipse Foundation » Xilinx Vitis plugin(install custom plugins in Xilinx Vitis IDE running eclipse)
Xilinx Vitis plugin [message #1819172] Thu, 09 January 2020 11:38 Go to next message
Guy Berger is currently offline Guy BergerFriend
Hello,

I am trying to load a custom plugin for eclipse to Vitis 2019.2.

Vitis is an IDE for embedded programming by Xilinx and it is integrated with eclipse of version Photon (2018) as far as i know...

The plugin was created by in eclipse, and is loaded by copying the .jar file to the plugins folder of eclipse as detailed here: www.codeproject.com/Tips/893547/How-to-Create-Your-Own-Eclipse-IDE-Plug-in

The plugin is working fine in Eclipse photon C IDE ,
however, when copying the plugin file to C:\Xilinx\Vitis\2019.2\eclipse\win64.o\plugins\ - (eclipse source for Vitis) it doesn't appear when Vitis Loads.

I know this problem might be more related to Xilinx other than eclipse but I was wondering if anyone knows if this issue might be related to the integration of eclipse in Xilinx Vitis..

Any help is welcome
Re: Xilinx Vitis plugin [message #1819186 is a reply to message #1819172] Thu, 09 January 2020 16:20 Go to previous message
Mickael Istria is currently offline Mickael IstriaFriend

It seems like Vitis doesn't enable auto-detection of new plugins from the plugins/ folder.
In Eclipse IDE, it's usually recommended to create a p2 repository/update-site for your plugin(s) and use it to install them. This can happen via UI (Help > Install New Software) or command-line (./eclipse -application org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director ... ; see https://help.eclipse.org/2019-12/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.platform.doc.isv%2Fguide%2Fp2_director.html ). I don't know whether Vitis includes the necessary plugins to use one or the other approach.
Another possibility in Eclipse IDE is to try to dropins/ folder. See https://help.eclipse.org/2019-12/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.platform.doc.isv%2Freference%2Fmisc%2Fp2_dropins_format.html .
I suggest you instead get in touch with Vitis support to get more insights about what works or is supposed to work. If you don't get any answer, you can still try one the of things mentioned above; there are chances one of them works.
Previous Topic:Setup folder for Themes beneath bin-Folder
Next Topic:CQ Awaiting Approval
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 09:02:51 GMT 2024