Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Eclipse Preferences Issue(Troubleshooting)
Eclipse Preferences Issue [message #1818796] Sun, 29 December 2019 00:05 Go to next message
Elliott Vince is currently offline Elliott VinceFriend
I've used eclipse for 10 months, but for some reason this tab has started to appear (see circled tab in picture below). I've never seen this before and I want to get rid of it but I don't know how. I must be missing something stupid, so if someone could guide me that would be awesome. Thanks!

Image:
index.php/fa/37040/0/
Re: Eclipse Preferences Issue [message #1818799 is a reply to message #1818796] Sun, 29 December 2019 06:39 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
You probably accidentally picked Show Breadcrumb (Alt-Shift-B) from the context menu of the Java editor. The toolbar will have a button with hover "Toggle Breadcrumb" (enabled when the Java editor is active, and checked when the breadcrumbs are currently showing), which you can use to hide it again. It's actually a rather cool and useful feature when you have a more complex Java class because it will always show you which method of which (nested) class you are in, not to mention in which project and which package it's in, and it can be used for navigation (like a combination of the Package explorer and the Outline view).

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Unwanted Hibernate Logging.
Next Topic:macOS High Sierra installation - hitting roadblock
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 14:22:26 GMT 2024