Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Unwanted Hibernate Logging.(Same workspace One Works the Other spits Trace and Debug statemens (?). )
Unwanted Hibernate Logging. [message #1818746] Thu, 26 December 2019 18:28 Go to next message
Ted Mitchell is currently offline Ted MitchellFriend
I have 2 Eclipse Hibernate projects; one a proof of concept in my Java Playground, the other the start on my production code. At this moment structure of proof on concept and production code are essentially identical. In fact I copied the one into the other changing primarily the packages. The proof on concept runs sweetly reading by test table, no noise. The production coughs out a host DEBUG and TRACE statements, for Hibernate.

I have trimmed the command lines to be basically the same JAR files with the same versions. Using log4j with identical log4j.property files. The code is reading these property files though I haven't added any logging in my code, yet. My only working theory is somehow my second project has java.util.Logging enabled. I don't know how or where to disable this.
Re: Unwanted Hibernate Logging. [message #1818794 is a reply to message #1818746] Sat, 28 December 2019 16:08 Go to previous message
Ted Mitchell is currently offline Ted MitchellFriend
[Resolved] When last I coded something with Hibernate Log4j was the logging framework of choice. It seems a lot has changed in that landscape since then. There are still things I don't understand but by placing a sample "logback-test.xml" in the CLASSPATH all was made happy.
Thanks.
Previous Topic:Eclipse Installation issues.
Next Topic:Eclipse Preferences Issue
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 22:33:08 GMT 2024