Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Best Java programming software? My teacher told me to use Notepad++
Best Java programming software? My teacher told me to use Notepad++ [message #1818641] Sat, 21 December 2019 07:10 Go to next message
debris colomun is currently offline debris colomunFriend
He told us to use notepad++ but right after he said that its not the best program to write Java. I'm just wondering what the best free and paid program. This is my first class in programming and I just want to start off on the right foot.

Re: Best Java programming software? My teacher told me to use Notepad++ [message #1818818 is a reply to message #1818641] Mon, 30 December 2019 05:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Ask this question on the JDT forum and of course the answer will be to use JDT. I don't know that there are any paid programs for programming in Java. The other free alternatives are Intellij and Netbeans.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Best Java programming software? My teacher told me to use Notepad++ [message #1819545 is a reply to message #1818818] Fri, 17 January 2020 07:59 Go to previous message
Randy Bonnette is currently offline Randy BonnetteFriend
Quote:
I'm just wondering what the best free and paid program. This is my first class in customwriting programming and I just want to start off on the right foot.

Have you tried Codiva.io? Or perhaps you could also check IDEone, jdoodle, browxy or BlueJ. There are many more. Not sure about paid programs though. I've been using IntelliJ for a couple of years already.

[Updated on: Fri, 17 January 2020 08:00]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Projects, Packages, and setup
Next Topic:how to create a button?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 08:26:49 GMT 2024