Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Oomph » Is there a 'Drag to Install' equivalent for Product Catalogs?
Is there a 'Drag to Install' equivalent for Product Catalogs? [message #1817622] Tue, 26 November 2019 20:14 Go to next message
Daniel Johnson is currently offline Daniel JohnsonFriend

I need to host my own Product Catalog for a medium sized development team, to provide Eclipse with a number of plugins pre-installed. I want to be able to provide directions to the team that has them download the native Oomph Eclipse Installer from Eclipse.org, and then ideally have a simple 'Drag to Install' type of element on a webpage that they can drop into the installer to add my custom product catalog. Is there any such action available or in the Oomph roadmap? For example, in the Eclipse Marketplace, there is the 'Drag to Install' option to easily install any plugin into an existing Eclipse install.

Right now I am having them redirect the setups in the eclipse-inst.ini prior to launching using:
-Doomph.redirection.setups=index:/->http://<my-host>/eclipse/setups/

But I would like to make this step simpler for non-technical users.

Alternatively I am considering just publishing a customized Eclipse Installer that has the .ini redirect to my catalog by default. Is there an easier/better way that anyone can suggest? I want to avoid having to do this each time a new version of the Eclipse Installer is published.

Thanks in advance
Re: Is there a 'Drag to Install' equivalent for Product Catalogs? [message #1817711 is a reply to message #1817622] Thu, 28 November 2019 07:02 Go to previous message
Eike Stepper is currently offline Eike StepperFriend
As far as I know, drag and drop is only supported for Project setups and Configurations. Customizing the main in Hosting your own index / catalogs and Shipping your own index.

Providing a customized Eclipse Installer is probably your best option. Note that the Installer supports self-update, so you wouldn't need to publish new versions so often.

Previous Topic:Oomph preference recorder : plugin_customization.ini does not accept ${eclipse_home}
Next Topic:Converting a target definition file to targlets results in an artificial_root node error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 09:11:50 GMT 2024