Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Eclipse workspace select(Over right click of eclipse icon , there must be a option to select workspace)
Eclipse workspace select [message #1816740] Wed, 06 November 2019 07:30 Go to next message
Sunil Suthar is currently offline Sunil SutharFriend
Usually we are addicted to work on multiple mini projects and we might need to have separate workspaces , so why don't we have an option to select the workspace just before loading the eclipse that you can choose another workspace. I always ends with an error , in a situation when i am already running with eclipse

Here is my thinking around it :

Like just right click over the eclipse icon and choose workspace, this will open the same dialog of workspace selection. and the listing of existing workspace should show in a way that , what all workspace out of that list is getting used right now , or we can skip those from the list . and yes of course an option to choose a new workspace.

I hope i have cleared my idea , but if still you need to rectify it , please come forward.

Re: Eclipse workspace select [message #1816756 is a reply to message #1816740] Wed, 06 November 2019 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Normally a prompt comes up asking for the workspace you want to open, but if you tell this prompt not to prompt you again, then it won't. Probably that's what you did.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Eclipse workspace select [message #1816764 is a reply to message #1816756] Wed, 06 November 2019 12:52 Go to previous message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

In which case, go to the Workspaces preference page and change the setting there.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Previous Topic:How do I change the color of the keyword "var" in Java10?
Next Topic:Returning HTTP Status 404
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 03:54:49 GMT 2024