Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EclipseLink » "Bug" with JPA InheritanceType SINGLE_TABLE and key
"Bug" with JPA InheritanceType SINGLE_TABLE and key [message #1816357] Mon, 28 October 2019 11:13 Go to next message
Bruno DARMET is currently offline Bruno DARMETFriend
Hello, I think I've found a bug in the 2.7.5 eclipselink version : I have one table with a composite primary key (ADDRESS_TYPE, and ADDRESS_KEY). I create classes with a DiscriminatorColumn (PrivateAddress, ProfessionalAddress, etc...). When I do a query (findAll) in my PrivateAddress class, the query return a list of ProfessionalAddress because the rows {{PRIVATE, 1} and {PROFESSIONAL, 1}} both exist. This bug occurs (for me) because the org.eclipse.persistence.internal.descriptors.ObjectBuilder loads primaryKeyFields from this.descriptor.getPrimaryKeyFields() (line 3095) without taking the DiscriminatorColumn, so for this table, with only ADDRESS_KEY as primary key, jpa found the wrong object.

I can send you my code if needed.

Thank's for your help, and please forgive my english : I'm french. ;-)....
Re: "Bug" with JPA InheritanceType SINGLE_TABLE and key [message #1816395 is a reply to message #1816357] Tue, 29 October 2019 01:47 Go to previous message
Chris Delahunt is currently offline Chris DelahuntFriend
You would have to show how you've mapped your primary key, but it seems like you might have only specified the ADDRESS_KEY as the ID for the hierarchy.

Having the Type be part of a composite primary key is not usual - all your foreign keys to that table are going to have to specify both the key and the type; something that could be avoided if you had a unique column in the table for the ID.

[Updated on: Tue, 29 October 2019 01:48]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:eclipselink 2.7.4 and java 13 causes java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
Next Topic:Size of @OneToMany List
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 09:34:32 GMT 2024