Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Simple SVG export(Export a class diagram to svg generates unreadable image)
Simple SVG export [message #1816152] Tue, 22 October 2019 15:12 Go to next message
Raul Dominguez is currently offline Raul DominguezFriend
Hi,

When using right click on the diagram > File > Save As Image File ... with format SVG an image with cropped letters is generated.

I attach a minimal example: A project which contains just a simple class diagram with one class.

Also attached is the generated svg.

Is there a way to adapt the svg without much effort so the image looks properly?

My setup:

Ubuntu 18.04
Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers
Version: 2019-09 R (4.13.0)

Papyrus 4.5.0

Thanks in advance

[Updated on: Wed, 23 October 2019 11:37]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Simple SVG export [message #1816361 is a reply to message #1816152] Mon, 28 October 2019 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ansgar Radermacher is currently offline Ansgar RadermacherFriend
Hi,

this bug is unfortunately around for a very long time. As far as I know, it's not inside Papyrus code and specific to SWT/GTK installations, as on Linux and MacOS. It's probably related to this bug (see comment 15). You can test the patch for GMF runtime that I proposed in comment 18 - I'd like to get feedback on that (I'll look into it as well, if I have the time).

Alternatively, you might be able to tweak the behavior, if you enforce a specific DPI setting in your OS configuration.

Hope that helps

Ansgar
Re: Simple SVG export [message #1816367 is a reply to message #1816361] Mon, 28 October 2019 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ansgar Radermacher is currently offline Ansgar RadermacherFriend
Hi,

I just tested the patch. It still seems to work on Linux. Btw. on my larger screen, I don't have the problem whereas I can easily reproduce it on my laptop screen which has a high DPI.

Ansgar
Re: Simple SVG export [message #1816820 is a reply to message #1816367] Thu, 07 November 2019 16:23 Go to previous message
Raul Dominguez is currently offline Raul DominguezFriend
I am not sure where to find the sources that you mention in your patch.

src/org/eclipse/gmf/runtime/draw2d/ui/render/awt/internal/graphics/GraphicsToGraphics2DAdaptor.java

I used the standard eclipse installer. Which might contain just the binaries?
Previous Topic:Is it possible to change double click or hover behaviour?
Next Topic:Problem with Papyrus Compare and an embedded profile?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 15:11:04 GMT 2024