Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Losing Saved Perspectives - Please Help!(Depending on the order in which I close Eclipse windows, I lose all my saved perspectives.)
Losing Saved Perspectives - Please Help! [message #1815966] Wed, 16 October 2019 07:20 Go to next message
Lennard Hemkendreis is currently offline Lennard HemkendreisFriend
Whenever I open multiple Eclipse windows (menu: Window->New WIndow) I can only keep my saved perspectives, when I close the initial Window last. Whenever I close the initial window before all other windows are closed, I lose all of my saved perspectives.

Whenever I close the windows in the wrong order, then on the next time I open Eclipse, my custom perspectives are deleted, just as any changes I made to existing (builtin) perspectives.

No other preferences seem to be affected. Even the preference of which is my default perspective stays, as long as it is one of the builtin perspectives and not a custom one (in which case it resets to "Resource" as the default).

It is really frustrating :-(

I am running Windows 10 with the eclipse version I downloaded from here:
https://www.eclipse.org/downloads/packages/release/2019-09/r/eclipse-ide-web-and-javascript-developers-includes-incubating-components

I just opened the zip file and copied the eclipse folder onto my desktop.

Please note that I cannot use the normal installer, because I am using my work PC (not my private device) where McAfee blocks the installer and I can't do anything about it. :-/

Thanks in advance! :-*
Re: Losing Saved Perspectives - Please Help! [message #1815970 is a reply to message #1815966] Wed, 16 October 2019 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Emmanuel Chebbi is currently offline Emmanuel ChebbiFriend
Lennard Hemkendreis wrote on Wed, 16 October 2019 09:20
Whenever I close the initial window before all other windows are closed, I lose all of my saved perspectives.

Well, that sounds like a bug. I'm not sure who's in charge of the perspectives but it may be better to post your message in the Eclipse Platform forum or try to send an e-mail to the platform-dev or ide-dev mailing list.

That being said I can't reproduce your issue on package 2019-09 for Java and DSL developers. Even when I close a New Window last I can still find my custom perspective in Window > Perspective > Open Perspective > Other....

I also quickly searched Eclipse's Bugzilla but did not find any relevant bug.
Re: Losing Saved Perspectives - Please Help! [message #1815974 is a reply to message #1815970] Wed, 16 October 2019 12:14 Go to previous message
Lennard Hemkendreis is currently offline Lennard HemkendreisFriend
Thank you. :-) I will try another package and report it as a bug.
Previous Topic:Path and build variable syntax
Next Topic:Lost on first try
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 08:39:16 GMT 2024