Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Question about pinned element layout in Sirius ELK Integeration(Layout ELK pinned)
Question about pinned element layout in Sirius ELK Integeration [message #1815913] Tue, 15 October 2019 05:15 Go to next message
Bo Zhang is currently offline Bo ZhangFriend
Software environment: Obeo Designer 11.1.2 + Sirius 6.1.3 + elk 0.5
When I haven't install elk, Arrange All will not layout the pinned element. I think it's correct.
When I install elk, the diagram can be layout by elk, the algorithm options can be config in Layout view, and it will work on the diagram. I think it's correct.
But elk will layout the pinned element in the diagram, it's not the correct result that I wanted.
Could the layout function does not move the pinned elements when layouting diagram?
Re: Question about pinned element layout in Sirius ELK Integeration [message #1815914 is a reply to message #1815913] Tue, 15 October 2019 05:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
https://www.eclipse.org/sirius/doc/specifier/diagrams/Diagrams.html#layout
Describes:
"All these algorithms exclude pinned element from the layouting and shorten edges between border nodes in addition to their core algorithm. "

I don't know how to exclude pinned elements when layouting diagram.

Re: Question about pinned element layout in Sirius ELK Integeration [message #1815916 is a reply to message #1815914] Tue, 15 October 2019 05:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Othewise, when I install Sirius ELK Integration (Experimental), ELK algorithms can be config in odesign, but Arrange All will not work in the diagram.

This is not the primary problem, the primary problem is the pinned element position should be fixed.
Re: Question about pinned element layout in Sirius ELK Integeration [message #1815973 is a reply to message #1815916] Wed, 16 October 2019 11:53 Go to previous message
Laurent Redor is currently offline Laurent RedorFriend
Hi Bo Zhang,
The pinned elements are not correctly managed with the ELK integration. There is an issue for this: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=540987.
There are some improvments made for ELK integration (in future Sirius versions, 6.1.4 or 6.3.0). But this point is not addressed.
Best regards,
Laurent

Laurent Redor - Obeo

Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Previous Topic:Constant Pool Limit Reached
Next Topic:Question about creation of node and reference name in instance
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 12:48:11 GMT 2024