Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » "Keyboard Navigation" in Table(How to go to a table row by typing letter keys ?)
"Keyboard Navigation" in Table [message #1815821] Fri, 11 October 2019 12:43 Go to next message
Michel R is currently offline Michel RFriend
Hello,

The documentation for AbstractTable.getConfiguredKeyboardNavigation() says:
"Configures whether the keyboard can be used for navigation in table. When activated, the user can click on a column in the table. Now starting to type some letters, the row matching the typed letters in the column will be selected."

My getConfiguredKeyboardNavigation() returns true (like the original).

I understand that provided the table has keyboard focus (by clicking it) the user may type some letters to go to the row having this character sequence.

I have a form and a TableField with one column, but letter keys do nothing. Arrows, Home, End keys work properly but the letter keys does not work.

Is it normal ? If it cannot be used, how could I achieve something similar ?The goal is of course that the user can go directly to a row in a long list by typing the beginning of the value (or at least the 1st letter).

Thank you
Michel

[Updated on: Fri, 11 October 2019 12:44]

Report message to a moderator

Re: "Keyboard Navigation" in Table [message #1816506 is a reply to message #1815821] Wed, 30 October 2019 09:55 Go to previous message
Matthias Villiger is currently offline Matthias VilligerFriend
Hi Michel

As far as I can see, this property is old and no longer used.

As a replacement the table has a text filter box at the bottom in the table status bar. You can enable the status bar using the property getConfiguredTableStatusVisible or using the corresponding setter setTableStatusVisible on the table.

You can also test it in the Widgets demo application. Press the button "Sample Content" at the top to fill the table. Then check the property "Table Status Visible" at the bottom to display the filter box. If you type text while the table has the focus, the rows are filtered.

Hope this helps

Regards
Mat
Previous Topic:Outline personalization - Scout Photon
Next Topic:How to block a specific Job
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 00:23:35 GMT 2024