Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Problems during coding
Problems during coding [message #1814919] Mon, 23 September 2019 00:57 Go to next message
Jessy Loubert is currently offline Jessy LoubertFriend
So basically, I wanted to re-learn Java. I opened Eclipse and began to type the basic instruction: System.out.println(...);

But here's the problem. When you type, usually, you have a box that appears and proposes you different choices. This box appeared, and Eclipse crashed. And every time I try, it crashes. I even installed Eclipse IDE 2019-09, and it did the same thing.

What it does: This box appears when I type .println , and then Eclipse freezes. When I click on it, it turns white and it says that the program is no more responding. I have to close it.

By the way, if it can be helpful in any way, I'm on Windows 7 64 bits, Java 8 (I think). I didn't install anything related to Java since a while.

I really don't know what could make that, since it worked fine months ago.
Re: Problems during coding [message #1814926 is a reply to message #1814919] Mon, 23 September 2019 06:01 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
If it's a deadlock, it would be good to have more details as produced by these instructions:

https://wiki.eclipse.org/How_to_report_a_deadlock#Using_jvisualvm

Also it would be good to see what's in the error log. Logged details are recorded in the <workspace>/.metadata/.log and you could attach that file.

Does this same thing happen if you open 2019-09 with a fresh new workspace (as opposed to with a workspace that you've already been using for a while)?

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Requesting Help With CNC Project
Next Topic:Fresh install of 2018-19 for C++ Arduino
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 19:06:14 GMT 2024