Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » APP4MC » Amalthea Model HW visualization
Amalthea Model HW visualization [message #1814368] Tue, 10 September 2019 09:49 Go to next message
hey you is currently offline hey youFriend
Hello all,

I saw that there is an option "Amalthea Model HW visualization" once I right click on the "Hardware" inside the Amalthea Model. I was requested to give a path to the Graphviz executable file, which seems to be an open-source project.

I downloaded the binaries ("graphviz-2.38.zip") from https://graphviz.gitlab.io/_pages/Download/Download_windows.html.
Inside path "graphviz-2.38\release\bin" seem to be quite a number of executables, so I am not quite sure which one I am supposed to use.
I tried to run "Amalthea Model HW visualization" using "graphml2gv.exe" (see attached screenshot "HW_vis_1.PNG"). And I get message that the process has been successful (picture "" HW_vis_2.PNG "). However, I do not see any graph created, nor a new tab opens as with the "label" and "task view" options.

Could someone let me know if this feature is supported with the newest version 0.9.5, as I could not find anything about it in the https://www.eclipse.org/app4mc/help/app4mc-0.9.5/index.html. And if yes, how to set it up correctly (which binary am I supposed to use, I have multiple .exe files in the "graphviz" folder).

Thank you in advance.

Best regards
Ivan
  • Attachment: HW_VIS_0.PNG
    (Size: 123.76KB, Downloaded 163 times)
  • Attachment: HW_vis.PNG
    (Size: 72.38KB, Downloaded 127 times)
  • Attachment: HW_vis_1.PNG
    (Size: 91.84KB, Downloaded 121 times)
  • Attachment: HW_vis_2.PNG
    (Size: 105.67KB, Downloaded 128 times)

[Updated on: Tue, 10 September 2019 10:31]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Amalthea Model HW visualization [message #1814656 is a reply to message #1814368] Mon, 16 September 2019 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Harald Mackamul is currently offline Harald MackamulFriend
Hello,

please enter the path to the dot.exe file. See attachment "preferences" (and also your first attachment).

The generated diagram ("Diagram.svg") in folder "hwModelVisualization" can be opened with the internal Web Browser. See attachment "folder" and "open".

Best regards,
Harald
Re: Amalthea Model HW visualization [message #1814659 is a reply to message #1814656] Mon, 16 September 2019 07:41 Go to previous message
hey you is currently offline hey youFriend
Hello Harald,

first of all, thank you for your replay.

Just one suggestion, maybe denote it in the Amalthea Tool explicitly that you refer to the file named "dot.exe". At least for myself when I read "dot executable", I understand it as ".exe" file, which can be any executable file.

Best regards
Ivan

[Updated on: Mon, 16 September 2019 07:43]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Modeling off-chip communication
Next Topic:Recommended Schema
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 02:44:30 GMT 2024