Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Stacks and Container in containers warning(warning for stacks in containers)
Stacks and Container in containers warning [message #1814335] Mon, 09 September 2019 15:45 Go to next message
Matthieu Benvenuti is currently offline Matthieu BenvenutiFriend
Hello All,

I'm new to Sirius v6.1.1 and I'm trying to set a diagram organized with several levels of containers in stacks but when I'm validating the diagram, I have a warning :
"
The mapping container1 is defined as a Region Container (ie children presentation set to horizontal stack or vertical stack). It is also itself defined as a Region (ie contained in a Region Container), this could lead to unexpected empty area in the region layout.
"

I'm attempting to create one main container with 2 sub-containers in vertical stack and again the first sub-container has 3 containers in horizontal stack.

Why do I have this warning ?

How can I remove this ?

Thank you
  • Attachment: Capture.PNG
    (Size: 6.32KB, Downloaded 77 times)
Re: Stacks and Container in containers warning [message #1814353 is a reply to message #1814335] Tue, 10 September 2019 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maxime Porhel is currently offline Maxime PorhelFriend
Hi Matthieu,

You might find the following note in the Sirius Specifier documentation for containers:
Quote:

The capability to define complex or recursive stack of regions mixing both stack directions has been introduced in Sirius 3.1.0 as an experimental configuration. Some layout-related actions might produce unexpected result. The limitations only concerns the visual aspects, there is no risk of corrupting the underlying models

The structure you are trying to built belongs to those kind of "complex or recursive stacks of regions", you might encounter some layout glitches or inconsistent behavior while manually resizing the different compartments (the actions have an impact on the parents and sibling compartments). Note that the should work fine but there can be some remaining unexpected behaviors, that's why we still have this validation rule.

This capability has been introduced in Sirius 3.1 and documented as experimental (in Sirius 3.0, the VSM editor was more strict and it was just not possible to try those structures).

Regards,

Maxime

Maxime Porhel - Obeo

Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: Stacks and Container in containers warning [message #1815231 is a reply to message #1814353] Fri, 27 September 2019 14:48 Go to previous message
Matthieu Benvenuti is currently offline Matthieu BenvenutiFriend
Thank you for your reply.

This is a pity, on my side, "complex stacks" (with 3 levels) is currently manageable and working properly. But I can stay with a warning in the model.

Maybe, this could be part of next improvements...
Previous Topic:Viewpoint referencing event
Next Topic:CCE in properties view for .odesign when selection sections/tools
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 06:57:12 GMT 2024