Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » make.exe missing(make.exe missing)
make.exe missing [message #1810728] Sun, 18 August 2019 04:20 Go to next message
Steven Jaszkowiak is currently offline Steven JaszkowiakFriend
I am trying to use eclipse for ARM C/C++. I created a new Hello World project and get an error message 'Error: Program "make" not found in PATH'. I have installed the GNU ARM tool chain at C:\Program Files (x86)\GNU Tools ARM Embedded\8 2019-q3-update. From what I have read make.exe should be in that location but it is not (actually it is nowhere on my computer). Is there something else I need to install to get make.exe and where should it be located? Thanks.
Re: make.exe missing [message #1810779 is a reply to message #1810728] Mon, 19 August 2019 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

There's no package for ARM as as far as I can tell, but if you're referring to using the CDT to develop for ARM, you should be asking in the CDT forum. See https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/161206/ and https://www.eclipse.org/forums/eclipse.tools.cdt .

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: make.exe missing [message #1810789 is a reply to message #1810728] Mon, 19 August 2019 17:02 Go to previous message
Tauno Voipio is currently offline Tauno VoipioFriend
I assume that you're running on a Windows system.
You are missing the UNIX-style program development utilities.

Please open the Eclipse CDT Help and follow the 'Before you begin' instructions.

--

Tauno Voipio
Previous Topic:Python with eclipse - OCR Pytesseract
Next Topic:Unable to Add JDBC Driver 6.0 for SQL Server
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 17:35:38 GMT 2024