Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » File locking when Jetty service is up(Need to lock the Web ARchieve preventing the file from tampering when the Jetty service is up and running)
File locking when Jetty service is up [message #1809393] Mon, 15 July 2019 12:06 Go to next message
Deepak D is currently offline Deepak DFriend
Hi There,

I'm currently working with the Gradle project which is used to design an web services to deploy in the Jetty web server in the location "C:\Program Files\jetty\mt-base\webapps" as .WAR file. When I run the Jetty services, my services working fine as expected but what worrying me is, Jetty allowing the WAR file for modification even when Jetty is running and thus reloading the services to have effect on the server response for the client request.

This allows for malicious tampering of the WAR file and we are looking to protect this from happening.

My question is, Is there any Jetty configuration to lock the web application file while the service is up and running (I.E., lock all files inside "C:\Program Files\jetty\mt-base\webapps" folder)? If Yes, could you let me know how to setup the configurations for me, please?

Current Jetty I'm using is Jetty (x64) 1.4.0.56668

Thanks in advance!
Re: File locking when Jetty service is up [message #1809402 is a reply to message #1809393] Mon, 15 July 2019 16:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

You probably want to take that to the user mailing list shown on https://www.eclipse.org/jetty/mailinglists.html ,
but I think that's your operating system's responsibility, and not something to realistically worry about.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: File locking when Jetty service is up [message #1809426 is a reply to message #1809402] Tue, 16 July 2019 05:28 Go to previous message
Deepak D is currently offline Deepak DFriend
Hi There Nitin,

Thanks for getting back to me. I will post this in Jetty user mailing list as you have suggested. However, I do see a facility 'useFileMappedBuffer' property in the link https://wiki.eclipse.org/Jetty/Reference/webdefault.xml for memory-mapping of files for the Jetty services. I'm currently trying this to see if I can achieve my need.

Could you please let me know your thoughts on whether this 'useFileMappedBuffer' property will work or not?

Thanks in advance!
Previous Topic: Cannot Install Many Software
Next Topic:add c c++ developers to Version: 2018-12 (4.10.0)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 05:21:19 GMT 2024