Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Gemini » Blueprint Extender TaskExecutor poolSize(Blueprint Extender TaskExecutor poolSize)
Blueprint Extender TaskExecutor poolSize [message #1809351] Sat, 13 July 2019 19:53
Steven Huypens is currently offline Steven HuypensFriend
After upgrading our Gemini Blueprint dependencies to version 2.1.0.RELEASE, we noticed our application took way longer to start up.

We also saw in the logging there was only 1 single EclipseGeminiBlueprintExtenderThread creating application contexts whereas we had more of them before.

Looking at the code history I found the reason for this changed behaviour in https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=488009 where a SimpleAsyncTaskExecutor was replaced by a ThreadPoolTaskExecutor in the class ExtenderConfiguration.

This looks like a good change to me, but I'm not sure why the maxPoolSize is set, but the corePoolSize is not (default is 1). In my understanding this results in 1 only thread being created.

From the documentation at https://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/api/java/util/concurrent/ThreadPoolExecutor.html

Quote:

When a new task is submitted in method execute(Runnable), and fewer than corePoolSize threads are running, a new thread is created to handle the request, even if other worker threads are idle. If there are more than corePoolSize but less than maximumPoolSize threads running, a new thread will be created only if the queue is full.

- Does anybody knows if this behaviour is intentional ?
- Are there any downsides to setting the corePoolsize ?
Previous Topic:how to configure gemini blueprint container in eclipse
Next Topic:Does Gemini Blueprint support JSR 250 annotations?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 04:25:58 GMT 2024