Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » M2T (model-to-text transformation) » [Acceleo] Circular dependencies
[Acceleo] Circular dependencies [message #1808778] Mon, 01 July 2019 12:37 Go to next message
Elder Rodrigues is currently offline Elder RodriguesFriend
Looking for the forum, it is assumed that Acceleo does not support cyclic dependencies (e.g., tmplA imports tmplB and vice versa). However, some of my templates do have circular dependencies and everything is working as expected.

Actually, there is one small thing: sometimes when I'm typing in some file, suddenly appear compilation errors (or warning?) about circular dependencies / recursive imports. Such errors disappear when I save the current file. Is it supposed to happen? I'm a little confused.
Re: [Acceleo] Circular dependencies [message #1808791 is a reply to message #1808778] Mon, 01 July 2019 17:09 Go to previous message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

Circular imports can work. Circular inheritance cannot. Whether circular imports actually work is down to the diligence of the developer.

(IMHO in plausible declarative contexts, the actual imports are the transitive closure of the imports. It is only in nightmare macro contexts such as the C preprocessor that include guards are mandatory for consistent functionality.)

Regards

Ed Willink
Previous Topic:How can I reuse the template from a super metaclass
Next Topic:[Acceleo] Problems migrating a project from Acceleo 3.7.3/Java 9.0.4 to Acceleo 3.7.8/Java 11.0.2
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 12:12:32 GMT 2024