Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » WebSphere Developer Tools Plugins(Server starts, but Eclipse background process still going)
WebSphere Developer Tools Plugins [message #1808257] Thu, 20 June 2019 14:36 Go to next message
William Hunsicker is currently offline William HunsickerFriend
Hi Everyone.

We have been using Eclipse for some time now with the IBM WebSphere Developer Toolkit. I am trying to upgrade from Oxygen to 2019-03. I load the WDT plugins and start my server. The console shows the server starting (open for ebusiness) and the servers tab shows the server as started. But the background process still thinks it is starting the server. I am running using the IBM SDK 1.8 (i.e. the IBM version of the JDK) as required by the WDT plugin, but have also tried both Adopt OpenJDK and the Oracle JDK. Below are screenshots showing the configurations, versions and errors. If anyone has any ideas about version mismatches or other things I can try to resolve this, I would greatly appreciate it.

Re: WebSphere Developer Tools Plugins [message #1808258 is a reply to message #1808257] Thu, 20 June 2019 15:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Those tools aren't provided by Eclipse.org. You might want to check https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSHR6W/com.ibm.websphere.wdt.doc/topics/welcome_wdt.htm for troubleshooting information, but I'd first expand all of the sections in the server editor and see if there's a value you need to change there.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: WebSphere Developer Tools Plugins [message #1808271 is a reply to message #1808258] Thu, 20 June 2019 20:30 Go to previous message
William Hunsicker is currently offline William HunsickerFriend
I have opened a ticket with IBM. Just trying to spread the net wide in hopes that someone here might have seen the problem before.
Previous Topic:Setting up security for Tomcat running locally
Next Topic:Embeddable report and css!!!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 24 17:28:34 GMT 2024