Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Checking Border color(Testing validation)
Checking Border color [message #1808100] Mon, 17 June 2019 13:13 Go to next message
Mike Bray is currently offline Mike BrayFriend
I use a red border around a field to indicate an error. Is it possible to test for this when using Javafx? I am trying to use the the 'check property' test step with out much luck.

Mike Bray
Re: Checking Border color [message #1808126 is a reply to message #1808100] Mon, 17 June 2019 21:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Milos Hroudny is currently offline Milos HroudnyFriend
l do not think that there exists some native Jubula solution, but it does not mean that you cannot test graphics in your testcases.
I tested two possibilities.
1. I wrote Jubula plugin in Java for searching an image in the specified screen area. This works but Java is quite slow if the are is not small enough.
2. I use several external exe programs originating in AutoIt scripts. In the script findPictuteScript I call the library ImageSerachDLL.dll published by kangkeng on March 5, 2008. Using this script (transformed to exe) I search for the picture that I provide as a parameter. Additional scripts move the cursor to the centre of the area that should contain the picture (graphical pattern) - one is MouseAbsoluteXY and next one is MouseShiftXY.
Searching of the graphical pattern is restricted to the test environment. It works only with the specified resolution of the display (for different resolutions would have to be created different reference pictures) and the same is true for different operating systems. For example button in Win7 and Win10 looks different. Anyway the red frame and similar simple graphical patterns should not be problem.
Re: Checking Border color [message #1808148 is a reply to message #1808126] Tue, 18 June 2019 08:29 Go to previous message
Mike Bray is currently offline Mike BrayFriend
Thanks Milos,

As a test I added a property to my fields called String inErrorProperty and as Jubula uses Java Reflection it picked this up. As all of my input fields extend my basic field then I can test each field to see if it is in error.

Though I can not test the color of the border I can test if the field is in error so job done.

Mike

Mike Bray
Previous Topic:Test Jobs
Next Topic:Extending Jubula
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 23 14:27:31 GMT 2024